Thursday, September 2, 2010

My PTO Day

Yesterday, September 1st, I granted myself a PTO (personal time off) Day to spend the day with my husband, Jim, celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary.

We pulled out the album and reflected back on the day and I created a collage to share some of the moments.




I can remember when my Mom took my hand as we were to start down the aisle and she looked at me and said, "Daddy's spirit is with us"!





Jim and I spent the day doing what we both enjoy by hiking in the woods by a nearby stream and enjoying nature.

Last time we hiked in this area, we collected the heart shaped rocks we found by the stream bed and since then I put them into a shadow box.



For those of you who follow me, you know that nature is my biggest source of inspiration and on this trip I once again looked at the rocks and I'd like to share with you what I saw. (click on images to enlarge)




From left to right: crescent shaped face, bird head, head with the "eye" (that's Jim in the opening), screaming face, moon over cat, and a shoe

For me these rocks will be a memory of the day as well as a source of inspiration for future projects.

I'd love to hear your comments as to what you see in the rocks!

Friends and family know that Jim is quite a character and he always makes me laugh. He picked up this rock and said, "Look, I found an iPhone!" LOL!





As we hiked out of the park, we saw these butterflies on the thistle and I was so excited to have been able to get this shot.

4 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Happy Anniversary Marie. I love your wedding dress....you and your Mom have the same eyes....beautiful!

LuLu♥

Sue said...

Happy Anniversary Marie! Wonderful pics of your wedding.

A couple of your rocks I viewed just abit differently:

Crescent face - I see the top view of a swimming beaver

Bird - I see the top part of a troll head, sleeping

Screaming head - My take is a ghost

(the rest I pretty much see what you do).

Love Jim's "iphone" LOL, and gorgeous pic of the butterfly!

Hugs,

Sue

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Thanks LuLu! I think my Mom would love that you said that ;-}

Thanks for stopping in Sue! Hope that you're doing well and I like your take on the rocks!

Kristen Beason Designs said...

Belated happy anniversary! The Pattersons are good people. I hope you had a most excellent day. Cool pics too and I love the rock collection. I knew there was reason I adore you. I will brake for rocks. Ask any Beason boy, rocks are garden gold to me :)

Kristen