Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Just me and my Trek

Recently there has been a nice change in the weather and my early morning bike rides have become so much more enjoyable and I've felt inspired to go on much longer rides. I got one of those little bike computers that records speed, mileage, time, and if that's not enough to make me push harder it even records calories burned! I get to have ice cream if I burn enough calories, right?

This little thing has become my little training buddy!


Yes! you do see a little orange ringy dingy LOL! It comes in handy with the pedestrians. ;-}

So I've got a plan to train for a charity ride and I'm setting my sights on next years City to Shore bike ride that benefits MS. (side note: I did do this ride many moons ago!)
Maybe even some of you will sponsor me?

Todays ride was just under 9 miles in 45 minutes ....not too shabby considering the terrain, which is not at all flat around here in Bucks County!

So you might just see me pedaling down the road.....don't beep as that just scares the bejeebers out of me!




Seriously, please be considerate of those of us on bikes and "Share the Road".

2 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I just got a new bike yesterday and it's still in the box. I have to get my husband to put it together for me and I can't wait to ride it!

Wishing you a wonderful day,
LuLu

Liz Revit said...

Marie, it's great to connect with you via the "Hive". I'm so glad I got a chance to visit your blog. Your artwork is amazing!

I'm now following your blog and look forward to your posts.

I have family in Bucks Co. and was just there for a visit a few weeks ago. Love, love, love Bucks Co.