Friday, March 5, 2010

Catching Up

It seems like ages since I've been able to actually read all the blogs and keep up with what everyone is doing.

The last weekend of February was my "annual girlfriends trip" to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt show in Hampton, Va.

This year at the show I was shopping for some supplies for my spun cotton ornaments and found a vendor with some beautiful organic cotton batting. While talking with her, she asked if I sold them anywhere online and when I mentioned the Spookytimejingles site, she smiled and said that she just loves that website and that she knows several of the artists!

Her name is Connie Hindmarsh of Vintage Romper Room Bears,Hares & Folk Art Dolls and is a fan of David Everett of Chicken Lips, Robin Seeber of Out of the Box Primitives, Ginny of Ginny Diezel Studios, Pam Gracia of Soft in the Head.

It was wonderful to talk with Connie and we exchanged business cards and now I'm added to her list of Spookytimejingles artists that she knows!

I asked a passerby to take our picture together.






This show offers quilters and all fiber artists supplies that sometimes are hard to find. I found some luscious new wool roving for needlefelting.....I absolutely love these colors.




My girlfriends and I always exchange our Christmas/Birthday gifts on this trip and this year Carol gave each of us an extra "gag gift"!

We raced our old ladies with walkers in the hotel lobby and had the hotel employees roaring with laughter!



Next year we will return with our ladies and we all decided that we would be creative and "personalize" them and have them ready to race again!

When I returned to Pa., my hubby and I went to the Philadelphia Flower Show for a beautiful taste of spring. The flowers were gorgeous and I even found a little bit of Halloween in the vendor area. You know I'm always on the lookout for anything pertaining to Halloween!



4 comments:

ODD imagination said...

It sounds like you had so much fun! I am only 30 minutes from Hampton and I had no idea there was a show like that going on. I really need to get out more. LOL

Sue said...

Hi Marie, great to 'see' you posting! Sounds like you have had a super busy - and fun - time!

Oh my - I need one of those little ladies with walkers to give to a friend. Hilarious! She's not that old, but unfortunately does need a walker and her two boys just duded it up with a horn and streamers. Too funny. I could do the same with one of these.


Sue:)

Zan Asha said...

Wow, glad you enjoyed your trip! Sounds like you had a great time!

I have to say, I almost spit up my tea when I saw the little old lady windup toy! Toooo much! The Halloween display is great, too!

snarfles and beans said...

the thought of all your girls down on the floor racing your grannies is making me roll with laughter!!!! the grannies are adorable, can't wait to see your personalizations!