Friday, January 8, 2010

Ringing in the New Year with Spun Cotton

I'm feeling really good about my latest attempts at creating these spun cotton ornaments. I've taken "clouds" of cotton and "sculpted" it into a collection of ornaments.

This snowman titled, "Ringing in the New Year", is quite appropriate for the start of 2010. His features are sculpted into the cotton and the cotton batting scarf and sculpted hat are hand dyed.




Look for him on my Christmas page at SpookytimeJingles for part of my January 13th update.

7 comments:

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

He's so cute - I love the colors!

Bone*Head*Studios said...

Marie, You are just getting TOO good at this!!
blessings,Flora

The Vintage Sister said...

He's adorable, I love his expression! Can't wait to see all of you goodies on the 13th.
Tracy

yoborobo said...

He is so cute and cheerful. And these colors are great! xo Pam

concretenprimroses said...

Really nice!
I'm interested in spun cotton too, since my mom gave me the christmas elves from my childhood.
Kathy

Ginny Diezel said...

What a doll baby! I love him! Bravo!

Zan Asha said...

Hi Marie! Happy New Year! Love the fluffy snowman!