Thursday, December 3, 2009

Spun Cotton

For quite some time now I've been researching the history of the Old German Spun Cotton ornaments.

I've attempted my first ornament using my usual "trial and error" method. If you search for instructions to make these things, you'll come up against a wall as there isn't very much helpful information out there.

So here is my "Dancing in the Snow" snowman. I was inspired by Fred Astaire (notice the similarities?)

I listed him at my Etsy Shop and he sold within 2 hours!!! So I guess I can call this spun cotton experiment a success!

3 comments:

Zan Asha said...

Ooooh, what a cutie! I could see why he sold ;)

Bone*Head*Studios said...

I'm with Zan!! and congratulations!
blessings,flora

concretenprimroses said...

He's a beauty for sure.
Nice work!
Kathy