Friday, October 9, 2009

October travel

This past weekend was spent traveling with my girlfriends to New England.

Along the highway we passed the Great Pumpkin headed to what we thought would be a pumpkin weigh in contest.

I grabbed my camera and shot this while the car was traveling on I-95! Pretty good picture!


We made a stop in Mystic, Ct. to have pizza at the infamous Mystic Pizza (as in the movie with Julie Roberts) and sunset at the harbour offered me this scene.



The sunset and the ships masts reflecting on the water is my favorite.



We were even treated to a beautiful rainbow as we stopped at Chucky's for coffee.



We were headed into Newport, RI to spend time with our girlfriend, Sue,and the Newport harbour is always a sight to see.



Great time with a great group of friends!



(Carol, Betty, Sue, Me)

4 comments:

Georgina said...

Oh, what fun!!! Planning a similar trip with a small group of friends, but out here in the Southwest...going to Albuquerque and Santa Fe, NM...the landscape there at this time of year, looks as if it's on fire!!!

Liz said...

How fun! What a great picture of the pumpkins.

Jennifer MacNeill-Traylor said...

Great pictures! I could carve the heck out of those pumpkins!

Laume said...

I have a friend in Newport, and she took me to Mystic when I came for a visit. Both great places and I bet they look even more beautiful in the autumn.