Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Makes it all worthwhile!


Recently I was commissioned to create one of my "Girlfriends" art doll busts for a customer who would give it as a gift to her girlfriend. This was exciting for me to work on this personalized project as this is what I had envisioned when I created this girlfriend series..... inspiration, support, and the bond we have with our girlfriends!

The recipient of this gift responded with a touching email that I'd like to share a portion with you.

"She is wonderful - it's such a nice idea, and somehow so reassuring to have this figure looking at you and wishing you well, or consoling you or whatever you need. And in a way it's yourself, and that is really special, it supports you and reminds you to be good to yourself. It works, it makes me feel reassured or consoled or keeps me company. I'm reading a book, "How to heal your Life", and this doll totally fits into what I'm reading as it's about changing your thought patterns about yourself from not helpful - blame, guilt, criticism, etc., etc. - to ones good for you!"


As many online artists know, we don't always "hear" what is said about our creations after they leave our hands, so when you get a response like this one it really does make my day and makes it all worthwhile!

6 comments:

kimmy said...

wow....That note of appreciation would make anything worthwhile! I would love to see it....do you have a photo to share?

yoborobo said...

That's so nice, Marie! I got a great note from a customer this month, too. It makes you all warm and fuzzy, doesn't it? :)

Designs By CK said...

Popping in to say hello & wish you a wonderful weekend!

Chris :-)

Deirdra Doan said...

Hi Marie,
I am in Bucks! I just spent time with Michelle from ADO in Bethlehem today. I am leaving after Lambertville antique market..golden nuget on our way to the airport. It would be fun to met you and Dani. www.deirdradoan@gmail.com
Deirdra

Lee Beth said...

Hello. Just found your blog. I think your stuff is really interesting. New follower. Feel free to come check out my blog if you'd like.

DellaRae said...

Your beautiful work deserves the compliments they receive...but it sure is nice to hear!