Thursday, June 11, 2009

Take time

"Beauty is all around us". Everyone should take time out of their busy lives to enjoy what nature provides for us.

In my section of the country it's been raining almost every day, so I took advantage of the cloudy days and captured these photos of our garden.





I loved how all the mist collected on the petals...it looks like sugar coating.






with the clouds overhead I captured the perfect color of blue







a little pink perfection



our future blackberries...I hope they grow




I just liked this composition...



a most unusual looking flower with buds ready to burst open



I think of snowflakes when I see this

10 comments:

Caroline said...

Marie, the pictures are wonderful! You have a lot of beauty around you ☺

yoborobo said...

Marie - those pictures are spectacular! I can see them as prints, or wonderful notecards. You are a multi-talented gal! :)

Beth Anderson said...

Beautiful pictures.
Much needed pick-me-up for this weather we're having!

Zan Asha said...

While I am in your section of the country and it is rainy, I will say these pics were the "sunshine" I needed. What a camera you have, that it can pick up such fine details! :)

Sue said...

Marie, you have a real talent for taking wonderful pics! The 'snowflakes' are my fav! The unusual looking pink ones that look like they are ready to bloom remind me of icing decorations on a cake.

Thanks for sharing.

DellaRae said...

What a glorious explosion of color in your yard. No wonder your art is so excellent with this to inspire you.

Designs By CK said...

GREAT pictures & lovely flowers Marie!

TGIF & enjoy your weekend!

SpOOky CK (-:

Sandra Evertson said...

Fantastic photos!
This peek into your garden has given me a nice relaxed feeling! And after reading your post about finding a childhood toy, your horse well, I am thrilled for you! And it is a beauty too!
Sandra Evertson

Smile Blog by Monday Morning Flowers said...

So lovely!!

Johanna Parker said...

Beautiful photos Marie.... Looks like you too have had cloudy, rainy days..... yes, good picture-taking days....
Thanks for sharing!.... love those funky pink flowers!

~ Johanna