Sunday, June 7, 2009

Reunited

For quite sometime I've been combing antique shops and auctions in search of something special to me from my past.



When I was a little girl, many hours were spent outdoors playing. My favorite toy was made from metal.





Mobo was his name.



We would "gallop" up and down the driveway for hours.



While I was visiting with friends recently and shopping in an antique mall, I was so excited to see this face.



I've found a Mobo Pony in great vintage condition and it still works! By pushing on the foot rests, it raises the pony and moves it forward and also it steers right or left.



My search for Mobo is now over and this treasured toy brings back many pleasant memories of my childhood.

11 comments:

Sue said...

OMG!!! I had a MOBO too and loved it! I would put on my cowgirl skirt, vest and hat, and hop on Mobo and spend countless hours saving our homestead from dastardly villans!

I don't know what happened to my Mobo, but am thrilled that you found MOBO! Thanks for the memories!

Beth Anderson said...

what a wonderful story with a happy ending!

Zan Asha said...

Yay! Isn't it great when you can find treasures from the past? I've never owned a mobo--but I constantly find books that I used to have as a child..good for you, Marie! :)

pklaw said...

Wonderful find, Marie! I can see the smile on your face clear over here!

DellaRae said...

Oh what memories you will have everytime you see or touch MOBO. You will be looking through the eyes of a child again!

DellaRae said...

I love your blog. I am presenting the "One Lovely Blog" award to you. Please visit my blog to get your badge and read the rules for accepting this award.

Sandy said...

I've never heard of this little guy, but oh my goodness I just LOVE him!! He's beautiful!!!!!!!

Caroline said...

What a great find! ☺

Designs By CK said...

FUN piece Marie! Quite charming.

Hope this note finds you well.

Chris (-:

Janell Berryman artist-owner said...

Oh great pics and story! I love your close ups. I can understand the painting now, fully. It all makes sense :) I am so happy that I gave you that. It warms my heart you still think about it. Truly. Love it when art becomes so personal. Thanks for sharing Marie xoxoxoxoxox

Denise said...

I have never heard of Mobo - but he sure is neat and how wonderful you have reunited! Did you go for a ride yet? :-)