Friday, May 29, 2009

You gotta LOVE this face!



XOXO --- Upon removing her from the box, this was my first response!



This is a "Sea Beezle" created by the very talented Cheryl Prater. I was lucky enough to have Cheryl as my swap partner in the "Under the Sea" swap sponsored by Zan Asha. I just love the whimsy in all of Cheryl's pieces.


For this swap each artist was to create an under the sea inspired piece. As my part of the swap this is what I created for Cheryl.



***great minds do think alike!....not knowing what either was making, we both did mermaids and they are both almost the same size!***

Thanks Cheryl!!! My Sea Beezle is a treasure that I'll enjoy every day as she watches me in the studio!

12 comments:

~* The Beldame on Peach Street *~ said...

Ooooh cool! I love the spooky take on this...then again I love spooky everything! You lucky girl...I want a beezle!

Jamie

Doreen said...

Love that name...Sea Beezle!! !How great! Love both your's and Cheryle's creations!!!!

Have a great day
:)Doreen

Studio At Crow Haven Farm said...

Wow the first dolls to see for Under the Sea Swap! They both are wonderful and fun!
Cheers

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

How funny was that!!! Your works are almost identical in composition, yet so different. Lucky girls both!!! What a great swap Marie!

Have a great weekend!
Laurie

Cheryl Prater said...

I love seeing something I made go out into the real world. And I loved the wonderful Skull Queen. So great to have something that Marie made - are we in-laws now?

This was my first swap and I am itching to do more. Kudos to Zan for organizing such a fun exchange. Hip Hip Hurrah!

Zan Asha said...

Hehee, so cute, both of your stuff!

Haha, so if you're now in laws, Cheryl, does this mean I officiated it--like sort of an "art minister?" Hmmm...wonderful stuff! :)

Lisa Nelson's Art, Bucks County Designs said...

So cute!! Love his teeth!! (obviously he eats more than plankton).:)

Bone*Head*Studios said...

Marie,
Aren't they just the sweetest things ever!! I have Nikolai a vampire!!! Of course I wouldn't mind being on the recieving end when it comes to getting a Marie Patterson original too!!
blessings,Flora

yoborobo said...

I love both of them - they're like sea-sisters! :)

Sue said...

Oh both pieces (yours and Cheryl's) are wonderful!

Andrea Guim said...

Hy, Marie!!
I loved the pink doll!!!!
Very cute!!!
Kiss!

Victorian Lady said...

Hi Marie! :)
I just wanted to let you know I saw your skelly mermaid on facebook and just about freaked! She is SOOOOOO great! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :)

Mere