Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Where do I Create

Now that all the painting, sawing, sanding and weeks of organizing are finally finished, here's a peek into "My Little World"! I have a space to call my own with lots of daylight! I'm out of the basement!!!
My husband, Jim deserves a round of applause!!! (clap,clap,clap) Just look at that bamboo flooring that he installed.

And here's me doing the Happy Dance in my purple furry flip flops!


Almost all the pieces in this room are either things we had in other rooms and now re-purposed or are reclaimed, recycled/upcycled,or just plain old-fashion trash picks! My husband and I are not to proud to stop the car and pick up a perfectly useable piece of furniture!!! LOL!!!
We've found some pretty awesome stuff over the years.


So here's my little tour....

The work table was previously used as a dining table, however it was too large for our present dining room. A piece of lexon (also a trash pick) covers and protects the top.


This little "goodie cabinet" was a curb find. Now home to some favorite things.


I had tons of supplies and had to find space to store it all. I've spent weeks organizing bins and boxes in every nook and cranny of this room. The tall cabinets are from Target and they are perfect at keeping everything behind closed doors.


The closet is home to my fabric stash! Some of you, and you know who you are, will appreciate this....the fabric is grouped by type, texture and color! This is one side.


My sewing area.... Jim cut down an old kitchen table to fit the space. The wodden boxes hold all my scissors, attachments, needles, thread, etc. And I'm surrounded by more great artwork.


A few vintage dolls and heads keep watch...


My new computer desk is also a dumpster pick....we couldn't believe anyone would throw this away. A little sanding and varnish and it was good to go.
I now have plenty of room to work and everything is at arms reach.


The tour wouldn't be complete without a picture of my constant companion.....Squire! Yes, he really does get into the doll bed and will nap for hours!

21 comments:

Caroline said...

Love your room and the slippers. I have a pair just like that in blue! :)

lucy said...

Absolutely beautiful! I just cleaned my studio and know it will never look that good.

Denise said...

LOVE your room and I feel so lucky I get to visit it every week for art group.:-) Looks beautiful Marie!

Sandy said...

Oh I am just SO jealous. My new "studio" is still in the same shambles. I finally found the storage cabinets I want, at Lowe's, and the boxes are too big to fit into my SUV. And my husband just sold his pickup last month. Agh! Hubby promised he will either borrow a truck from a friend, or rent the one at Lowe's, so I am crossing my fingers I can get organized soon. Wow, your husband is Jim, Lisa Nelson's husband is a Jim I think, and mine is a James. Hhhmmm....

~dani~ said...

This really is fabulous space Marie! I too am so happy to come visit each week! Hugs~

Maria-Thérèse said...

Adorable-ness!!!! Those slippers!!! The cat in the doll bed!!! All those wonderful small shelves!! I'm just a little bit scared of the doll heads on top of the shelves :-/ :-D

Sue said...

Love, love, love your new studio room! I'm so jealous! Thanks for the tour!

Ginny Diezel said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I am so envious - in a nice way! And, I certainly admire Squire!

Beth Anderson said...

Amazing room Marie - I love it! Glad to see you like you're comfortable in your slippers too!
:-)

Zan Asha said...

Ahhh---I love your room--but I have ENVY!! Mine will NEVER be that organized!! :D

And, what town do you live in? None of our "dumpster pick ups" would be that great! :D

Studio At Crow Haven Farm said...

OMG...I'm coming over to your studio! LOL Love it...look at all of those cabinets, your work space, computer space, it's so organized...your fabic stash is to die for and your curb find...AWESOME...Oh, and those purple slippers, priceless! COngrats on the new studio and your hardwork paid off...It's fantastic!
Cheers

DellaRae said...

Wow! What a great space to create. I wish were so organized. Everything in its proper place. It looks great.

Lisa Nelson's Art, Bucks County Designs said...

Absolutely beautiful! Marie, you must be so proud. You did a wonderful job. Hope to see you in "Where Women Create" one of these days!

Tracy M. said...

Your studio is awesome and so organized. I better work on mine. Love Kitty's bed too!
Have a great day,
Tracy M.

Jenn said...

Marie, your studio is AMAZING!! I could stay in there for days and just stare at all the wonderful things:) thanks for sharing!! xox...jenn

yoborobo said...

Wow Marie! It's gorgeous! I still work in a corner of my bedroom on an old IKEA table - but some day...(music swells dramatically!). LOL. Congrats - I know it was a lot of hard work.

jenny! said...

ooh lala - so nice - good to see our bedrooms going to good use! Looks like it's super organized like mother like daughter :)

sUz said...

It looks awesome maRie! I could spend hours ogling over your treasures!
iN jOy,
sUz

Susan Pilotto said...

That was a great tour...alot more organized then mine..I need a Squire to put in my studio too!! Susan Pilotto - Crowsnest Pass Primitive Folk Art

Bone*Head*Studios said...

Heck Marie even when I clean up my studio it never looks this good!!!
And you found most of the stuff in the trash? Just where do you live?!!!!..I'm coming over to do some trash picking too!!
blessings,Flora

Jorge de Rojas said...

Hey Marie, Just though I'd come over and return the welcome. Amazing space and work. So much sunshine. Im sure you could go on for hours on end. I especially love Squire, he seems to be the boss of it all.
Jorge