Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A new artist to discover

The world of Art Dolls is huge and full of extremely talented artists. I had the opportunity to discover this talented artist, Denise of Dlynne Art Dolls, and her dolls and I'm honored to have her as part of my art group. I don't often stand upon the soapbox, however, this artist deserves recognization.

Today, I purchased one of her "Spirit Dolls", which are new to her Etsy Shop.

My Spirit Doll is called "Raven Dream Spirit Woman". With each spirit doll, Denise includes a tag with the name and also there is a small story with each doll.
Each doll is so creative, from the detail of the sculpted face to the hand dyed cloth used to make the clothing.





I hope that you'll take a moment and go to Denise's Etsy Shop and/or her blog and make a discovery of your own.

7 comments:

~dani~ said...

These dolls are amazing!! She has such talent it is mind boggling.

Lisa Nelson's Art, Bucks County Designs said...

Such a pretty doll - dark and sweet. Enjoy your new treasure!

Zan Asha said...

Hehee, I love Denise. I remember her profiling this doll---good for you for getting it, Marie! Denise is truly a talented doll herself :)

Sue said...

Ah Marie, you have one of my favorites! Denise's Spirit Dolls are wonderful, as are all her creations!

yoborobo said...

Her dolls are really wonderful! Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Designs By CK said...

Lovely doll & popping in to say hello! :-)

mE (-'

Studio At Crow Haven Farm said...

WOW..Marie thanks for sharing this amazing Art Doll Artist... AWESOME!
Cheers