Friday, March 27, 2009

Work in Progress - Art & more

It's been awhile since I posted a picture to show just what I've been working on lately. If you remember reading the post about me joining the Cloth/Clay workshop and you saw my first doll....here is my second attempt....



and in this following picture she is joined by some of my other projects that are in the works....



and now for the MORE.....

I rolled up my sleeves, put on my nifty work gloves (of course they are orange!) and started to.....

peel back the ugly carpet....


see....I know how to use "man tools"!!!



painted the room this beautiful and inspiring shade



and within a few weeks the new bamboo flooring will be finished and I'll not be cramped on this little desk entering these blog posts.....I'll be posting pictures of my new and improved space soon and you'll see me doing the "Happy Dance"!!!

14 comments:

Ginny Diezel said...

LOVE the projects and the room is going to be beautiful!

{{Laura}} said...

Ooooooh the color is soooo pretty! Love it! LOVE IT!

Sue said...

Ah, WIPs...they seem to be in every studio LOL. Your room is going to be lovely.
(I've ripped up carpet and used 'man' tools too, not a fun job).

Marie, I have an award for you, The Proximidade Award.
Please visit my blog to pick it up.

Zan Asha said...

Wow, you seem to be doing production on *Many* levels!! Go you!

Lisa Nelson's Art, Bucks County Designs said...

My goodness, you have a lot of WIPS! The doll is lovely - I'm sure she'll be a beauty like the other. And the room will be wonderful - lucky you!

Designs By CK said...

WOW ~ The new WIP is FUN!

AND ~ DOUBLE WOW ~ LOVE LOVE LOVE your new room color & Mac...the bamboo flooring will go really nice with the robin egg blue color!

Looking forward to seeing the reveals on both!

Have a great weekend.

Me (-:

Studio At Crow Haven Farm said...

Marie, thanks for sharing...My goodness you have been busy. I love the color of your new space...The windows and now you getting the bamboo floor...a lot of work you guys did, but like you said...so worth it in the end. I'll be doing the happy dance with you....so when is our play date? LOL
Have a great week and it was great hearing from you!
Cheers! P.S. You took Cloth & Clay to the next HUGE LEVEL...these are AWESOME!

Denise said...

She looks great Marie! Can't wait to see her finished. Your room great too, love the color.

jenny! said...

uh oh... do you think that "happy dance" is hereditary...

Lance said...

Looks like a masterpiece in the making!

Janell Berryman artist-owner said...

You are pretty much doing what I have been doing for three days! Painting and redoing a room. Yours looks so sweet and mellow. I love your color choice. And bamboo flooring? Delicious! Want to come over and help me??????????

maiaT said...

I found your site at CED and I often have to use "man tools" too.
The color of your walls is nice but I like your doll too.

Deirdra Doan said...

I just love that face you sculpted! I will be staying in Doylestown for a week or so this summer in July 15 or so. My husband is looking for a house concert or gigs in the area. www.johndoan.com or www.myspace.com/jdharpguitar

He is playing in NYC on July 18th. We have cousin in Bucks County. How far are you from Doylestown. Don't you love New Hope?

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.