Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What's on my Work table and a Road Trip!!!

It's that ime of year again!!!!! Our annual "Girlfriend Trip" to Virginia!!! We're packing our bags and are headed to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest in Hampton, Virginia. We do lots of shopping, antiquing, eating and of course we have LOTS of fun just being together.


I've been very busy in my studio trying to finish up an order I had from a primitive shop. This is the second half of the order I was working on.....eggs, bunnies, birds, flowers, chickens, birdhouses....all very prim.



Of course, I also was finding some time to do some sculptures!



The "Carrot Boys" are finished and listed in my Etsy Shop. This piece was inspired by our attempt at growing carrots one year in the garden. They looked picture perfect from the top, but when we pulled them....each carrot had divided itself into multiple roots! I should have taken pictures.

The doll in the foreground is my WIP in the Cloth/Clay online workshop....lots of fun learning a new clay technique! Other clay pieces sit in wait until I figure out where I'm going with them......


If you haven't visited the SpookyTimeJingles.com site this month, be sure to get over there and check it out. This is my door prize that you can win......



I've been on a "carrot theme" this month :-}

13 comments:

Bone*Head*Studios said...

AHHHHH I want him!!!!...oh well, I guess it's not to be!!!... SIGH!!!
blessings, Flora

Beth Anderson said...

Love that carrot guy! I'm anxious to see the other goodies that will materialize too!
Have a great girl's weekend - I'll be doing the same which I'll blog about tomorrow.
Thanks for your kind words about my rugs too - I'll have to show more in my posts since not many are offered in my shop.
Have fun Marie!

Ginaagain said...

I love the carrot boys! We had a similar experience growing carrots but I never would have come up with such a creative take on them.

Sue said...

Marie, your carrot fellas are wonderful! Looking forward to seeing the finished cloth and clay doll!

I'm jealous of your upcoming trip with your friends, it sounds like you have an incredible time and I'm looking forward to your blog report
when you get back.

Maria-Thérèse said...

ooooh! the little birdhouses!!!!!!


♥ visit me at www.afiori.com

Pam said...

I love the carrot boys! Too funny! And I can't wait to see how your doll turns out. :)

Studio At Crow Haven Farm said...

Wow look at all those birdhouses.. Spring is right around the corner and I could use some of those! LOL Have a wonderful trip and have fun playing!
By the way, the carrot guy is awesome! I would love to see the skull sculpture in the box...what is going on there? LOL
Cheers!

Zan Asha said...

Wow, so much is going on, all sounds like fun, but I am most wishing I could go to the quilt fest with you! Doh!!

sheila said...

Cute stuff and your girls weekend sounds wonderful.. Cloth Clay workshop?? That sounds interesting...where can I find that?

Designs By CK said...

GO GIRL & hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

PS: The STJ giveaway carrot is 2 cute, I got a chuckle from him. LOL '-)

Chris (-:

Caroline said...

The weather right now in Va is pretty decent so I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!
The carrot is adorable :)

~dani~ said...

You know that screamin skull is calling my name right? Hope your trip is great, see ya Tuesday!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Love the little carrots and hope the trip is/was grand!!
Laurie