Tuesday, October 28, 2008

WIP and our... Adoption

A peek at some works in progress.....some for SpookyTimeJingles.com and others for an upcoming show.




The face that only a "mother" could love? This has got to be the largest algae eater that I've ever seen! Some friends who also have a pond and rasied this guy from a wee little thing asked if we could please give him an inside home for the winter as he is somewhat of a tropical fish and would never be able to withstand the winter chill. We agreed, and set up another aquarium to house this fish which I do find to be wierdly cute!




6 comments:

Lance said...

you have an aquarium, that's great! I once had an algae eater of about that size in my tank, he was a lot of fun!

The wips look great btw, can't wait to see them finished.

Designs by CK said...

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR chilly here too!

Happy Halloween Marie!

Chris :-)

~dani~ said...

Great wips...is the show this weekend or did I miss it? Michael and I want to go again!!
We had the same color and size algae eater (cannot remember what they are actually called) years ago when we had African Cichlids. He started out very lil and eventually took up most of the length of what we thought was a rather large tank. Believe it or not I called around to area stores to see if anyone would take him since he had outgrown the tank. We were offered $50.00 bucks for him immediately! We had to transport him in a big ole Rubbermaid.

Malissa said...

He looks like our pleco, Morty. We've had him for almost a year now (he started at a couple of inches) and my has he grown..about 7" now and quite a fatty. I love aquariums, besides my art ours is one of my biggest obsessions!

Wow, thats a lot of heads you've got going there! I'd forget what kind of body I was going to make if I did that. Great work!

janell berryman artist-owner said...

Oh those needs LOTS of algae to survive. If you dont have enough you might need some of the algae tablets. They do a good job cleaning up that is for sure! I also hear those spikes can actually spike you!

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh. To have such a good friend. I am speechless.Deb