Thursday, August 7, 2008

Nature's Art

Aside from creating art, I do occasionally take time out to "smell the flowers" and pick all the great tasting veggies we grow in the garden. Photography is another passion of mine and I've captured some of what I saw today and I'd like to share it with you.....


some of these yummy tomatoes will be a topping for a pizza tomorrow night......that is if I don't eat them all!


my husband and I are avid recyclers (aka trash pickers) and we recycled the old chair into a planter and the picnic basket holds some flowers adding to our quiet place in the shade to sit and enjoy the views of the garden....


nasturtiums....don't you just love their color? these are edible flowers and I'll add them to a salad....


a water lily floating on the pond......do I see something hidden among the vines.......


it's a baby frog!!!!.....he's probably hiding out from "Big Louie" in the other pond.....


the passion flower has returned with beautiful blooms.....it was in need of a little TLC this year, but seems to be doing quite well now......so, note to Sue...I'll try to start one for you!

5 comments:

~dani~ said...

So beautiful. I enjoy seeing that yellow chair when I look out of your sunroom while we are creating. It is such a simple visual feast that I really enjoy. What time is dinner tomorrow-I love Jim's pizza!?

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Wow you are such a beautiful photographer. You should enter some of your pictures in contests. Really you have an eye. Those flowers are beautiful too.

No ripe tomatoes here. Darn it! I think we planted to late and not enough light and planted to close together. The biggest disappointment was no, and I mean no pumpkins. I transplanted them in a better spot. At least I thought so. I have blooms all the time. But not one darn pumpkin. I think I am going to cry. That was one thing I was looking to forward to this fall was growing my own pumpkin for the first time. Next year. I will be like Charlie Brown. Just you wait and see. My own Patch! That's right! A Kimmy Patch! Come one come all! I will have to take appointments to show everyone cause it is going to be huge! Oh gosh I am sorry I was day dreaming a little! He HE!

Have a wonderful weekend! My dear!!!!

Kim

Enjoy that Pizza!

Kristen Beason Designs said...

I love your garden photos and lucky you with the home-grown tomatoes! Nothing beats one from the garden.

Kristen

Huckleberry Arts said...

Beautiful photographs Love the froggy and the tomatoes look so yummy!

Huckleberry Arts said...

Beautiful photographs Love the froggy and the tomatoes look so yummy!