Thursday, August 21, 2008

A day at the drag races!!

This past Saturday I went to the Top Fuel Drag Races in Mohnton, Pa. with my husband Jim, daughter Laura and her boyfriend Brandon. This is man and his machine at it's BEST!!! Words cannot describe the awesome power and the roar (explosion) of these race cars. We saw everything from motorcycles flashing by at 192 m.p.h. to the awesome top fuel dragsters blitzing by at 300+ m.p.h.!!! It was amazing!!
We picked our favorite by the artwork of the logo for this racer......love that crazy fish!!!

If you'd like to see all the pictures, then click on my Flickr account for my photostream (it will be under "places visited")

I took some videos to try and capture that unbelievable ROAR! This is one of my videos taken at the start line as we were leaving the races and it's BEHIND a concrete wall!! I was trying to narrate, however, you can't hear me over the sound of the engine!

3 comments:

Altered Route said...

I use to go to the 'drags' in my youth in s. calif and that's a sound you never forget...as well as the smell!!lol!!

I'm sending you a well deserved Award!
http://alteredroute.blogspot.com
Connie

Marie Patterson Studio said...

YES!!! that smell is terrible!!!

janell berryman artist-owner said...

NOTHING better than a day at the races! I love that. Secret passion. Nothing better than speed and the roaring of all that power. You should also try demolition derby's. What a kick.