Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Portrait of me as a child......


This past weekend I received this wonderful painting in the mail from Janell Berryman of Pumpkinseeds Originals. From the moment I had seen this painting it brought back such memories of childhood. I was always obsessed about horses and wanted to be a cowgirl and just adored Sally Starr on tv. Many hours were spent riding my Mobo pony, which was a really cool metal horse from the 1950's (that's really showing my age isn't it?). Anyway, the painting does really resemble me as a child as you'll see in the attached photo.
Janell---your painting touched my heart and I'm hanging it in a place of honor in my home----thank you!


That's me on the right----with my younger brother.

5 comments:

Designs by CK said...

Cute painting Marie! :)

Spooky Hugs,
CK

~dani~ said...

Oh, it is soo great! And what a nice thing you did by showing it here with a pic from your childhood!!! You are such a sweetheart and so is she for sending it to you. Xoxo's to my two dear friends~

janell berryman artist-owner said...

Oh Marie you are right, its such a close resemblance! And in a good way :) And of course, you are very welcome. Sometimes our art is just meant for that one special person. I am thrilled that you are happy!!
J xoxox

Laura said...

Awww, look at your little bonnet! Don't you have this pic hanging somewhere in the house? I remember seeing it! Maybe I will try hunting for it on Saturday while I'm there! :-) Miss you

Phillip said...

Yes thank you for stating I am younger. Love your entire blog sis.

Phillip