Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My first Altered Book project

For some time time now I've been wanting to try my hand at doing an "altered book"....which involves taking an actual book (preferably a hand-stitched book) and altering into a piece of art.

To my regular readers, you know that I had received a gift of a painting, which has special meaning to me, from Janell Berryman of Pumpkinseeds Originals. In return I wanted to create something for her and I wanted it to be something which was different from anything she had already done. So I created my first altered book and it's on it's way to Janell now.

I also made this silly little video and sent it to Janell as a preview and I'm sharing it with you all .....and as you will see and hear I really DID have alot of fun with this project!!! LOL!!!



P.S. I will be offering some altered books at SpookyTime Jingles!

12 comments:

~dani~ said...

This is just the best! Not only did you do a fantastic job with your book but the video is the greatest! I know this must warm Janell's heart to see all the work you did for her. This video left me with an ear to ear grin!

janell berryman artist-owner said...

Dani is right, I am very touched that you put so much work and thought into this very creative and adorable Halloween altered book. I am so excited to see it in person. I also adore the video! I know folks will too. From me to you xoxoxox Thanks Marie!

Marie Patterson Studio said...

I Thank You both for giving me the encouragment to show ......just a little bigger peek into "My Little World"! (((Group HUG)))

sheila said...

Great book!!! Loved the video.

Susan said...

Marie, you keep on amazing me with your creativity! What a terrific little book. Since you keep stretching yourself, I think you should incorporate sound with the book- especially, the creaky door. You can do it. Become a rival of Hallmark! :)

Sue

Elizabeth said...

Marie - you are amazing and so very creative!!! Love the video and the book - I almost thought the creaking noise DID come from the book. FABULOUS!!!! You are truly incredible!!! Love ya!!!

Designs by CK said...

Marie!!! ~ WOW!!!

Too fun...creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep...LOL

Love your video & sound effects!!! Haha

PS: Thanks for the lovely blog compliments on mine as well.

Have a spooky week!

Chris :-)

The Vintage Sister Studio said...

That video is too funny! Love the sound effects. Janell is a lucky girl!

LuLu said...

Ohhhhhh! I love this creepy book, Marie, the idea is just great and the result fantastic. And I agree with the others, it HAS to come with the door sounds too... Love it, love it! LuLu

Laurie Hardin said...

"Hope you like it" is your finishing comment in the video. Like it, I loved it...it is a treasure book!! How wonderful.
Laurie

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hi Marie,

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy 4th of July week!!

I hope you have a safe holiday as well!

Kim

Laura said...

You are such a goof ball, now I know where I get it from! ahaha, Mur loved the creeky noises!