Friday, April 11, 2008

MOMA as seen thru my eyes

This week my husband and I took advantage of the bus trip to the MOMA offered thru our local community college. The price can't be beat, not only do you not have to do the driving and finding a place to park the car, you get the group discount on the museum ticket! When we finished the MOMA we also went to the Folk Art museum, however, they were in the midst of adding new istallations, so all but 2 floors were closed, so there was no admission....(FREE is good!!) Sorry to say the pictures that I took in the Folk Art museum are not the best and after shooting several I was told that there was no photography allowed! The best way to share some of the many pictures is with a slideshow, so when you have the time, sit back, relax and enjoy the show! If you want to view full screen, just click on the view all images button and it will take you to slide.com. One last note...I did see the Naked Cowboy in Times Square, however, I couldn't get a picture as I was on the bus and couldn't get to the window in time....perhaps on the next trip!!

5 comments:

janell berryman artist-owner said...

Oh how I enjoyed that! Loved the zipper eye guy. What a great time you must have had. Great deal too. I cant imagine driving in the middle of NYC. So the bus is a great alternative. Too bad about the folk art museum. But that gives you another chance to go back :) I love love love love modern art museums. Wish I could visit them all. So very inspiring. Thanks for sharing Marie! Janell

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Janell- Glad you enjoyed my little slideshow! I never drive into NYC---always take the train or a bus!!! I'm usually exhausted when headed home, so not having to drive in that chaos is great!

~dani~ said...

Oh, Don't look with the zipper eyes is so gripping! I love it!! Was that Moma or Folk?

Lol..just looked down and saw Janell commented on the same piece! Great slide show, great idea. So glad you shared.
c ya soon~

LiLi M. said...

Hey! thanks for visiting my blog! And there is even more from the thriftstore now, if you have a spare moment of course.
I like this slide show very much! Never been to New York, though it's high on my wishlist. Thanks for sharing, I have enjoyed your pictures!

Designs by CK said...

LOVE Moma!!! :)

CK