Thursday, April 24, 2008

Assateague Island

That's where my husband, Jim and I visited last week! The island is a beautiful spot to take a picnic lunch, sit under a tree and relax. This is also where a herd of wild ponies live and roam free. On the day we visited, they were a little hard to find! It seemed like they were hiding from us all day. We saw lots of evidence that they had been there (if you know what I mean), but I was beginning to think that we'd never have a sighting. We hiked from end to end on that island and it wasn't until we were headed out of the park when the first pony was in sight just a short distance down the road!!!! Finally, I got my pictures! I've n ow set up an account at Flicker and you can go there to see my pictures....just click on the link at the side......

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your pictures came out beautiful!!! It DOES look like you had a good time. Come back soon, ya hear????

Betty

~dani~ said...

Yeah, my new Flickr Friend!!!

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Maybe the next time I'm on the beach at Asseatague, we'll ride horses!!